Pure Saffron (Keshar)
- OUR SAFFRON IS COST EFFECTIVE: It is harvested, naturally dried, packed and brought straight to you, allowing us to provide you fresh and high quality saffron. By eliminating the middle men we have ensured that earnings from flowers reach to farmers.
- PURE NATURAL ORIGINAL HIGH QUALITY LACHA SAFFRON/ZAFRAN/JAFRAN:combination of stigma & style of highest quality saffron grown in Kashmir. Recognized by deep red strands with yellow/orange tails,contains 80% red stigma & 20% orange style & great fragrance
- DAILY SKIN CARE & FOR RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES: Saffron helps with face and skin whitening through detanning of the skin. It can be used in face packs, uptans and infused with toners to get a glowing skin.Kesar is perfect for chandan tilak during festivals.
- IDEAL FOR DAILY CONSUMPTION: Lacha is perfect for daily consumption by women, men & kids. It is used to cook sweets/sweet dishes such as Kheer, Jalebi, Rasmalai,Phirni,Kesar Pista Kulfi, laddu & also used in healthy beverages like tea, Kahwa, Thandai & Lassi
- RESEALABLE TRAVEL FRIENDLY AIRTIGHT PACKAGING: Comes in a spill proof, air-tight resealable container that helps preserve the saffron longer and keeps it away from sunlight, moisture and oxygen.It is also known as Kungumapoo, Kumkuma Puvvu
- material features: Vegetarian
Saffron is a spice derived from the flower of Crocus sativus, commonly known as the “saffron crocus”. The vivid crimson stigma and styles, called threads, are collected and dried for use mainly as a seasoning and coloring agent in food. Saffron smells strong, leathery, soft, earthy, hay-like, reminding slightly of rubber. The scent comes from the chemical compounds of picrocrocin and safranal. With just a pinch tossed in and with no additional prep, dishes like risotto alla Milanese and bouillabaisse have enough liquid and simmering time to draw out saffron’s subtle flavors. The key is to add the saffron early on, allowing it enough time to bloom in the cooking liquid. Store saffron in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to six months for maximum flavor. Saffron, like other herbs and spices, is sensitive to light, so wrap the packet in foil to protect it further. Saffron will not spoil, but it will lose increasingly more and more of its flavor with age.
- A powerful antioxidant. Saffron contains an impressive variety of plant compounds.
- May improve mood and treat depressive symptoms.
- May have cancer-fighting properties.
- May reduce PMS symptoms.
- May act as an aphrodisiac.
- May reduce appetite and aid weight loss.
- Easy to add to your diet.
- May reduce heart disease risk factors.
- May lower blood sugar levels
- May improve eyesight in adults with age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- May improve memory in adults with Alzheimer’s disease
Saffron is harvested by hand from the Crocus sativus flower, commonly known as the saffron crocus. The term “saffron” applies to the flower’s thread-like structures called stigma.
While saffron’s origin is still debated, it most likely originated in Iran. There, it was revered for its medicinal properties. People would eat saffron to enhance libido, boost mood, and improve memory.
- No ratings found yet!