- Cinnamon is roasted or sun dried and then used as a garam masala.
- It is also used in sweets, cakes , cookies, pulao, biryani, drinks etc.
- Dalchini is an essential ingredient in making masala tea.
- Cinnamon is also used for garnishing.
- It is used for various types of illness where it is mixed with other ingredients and used as a medication.
Cinnamon (Dalchini) is a spice obtained from the inner bark of several tree species from the genus Cinnamomum. Cinnamon is used mainly as an aromatic condiment and flavouring additive in a wide variety of cuisines, sweet and savoury dishes, breakfast cereals, snack foods, teas, and traditional foods. Cinnamon sticks smell warm, full, slightly fruity, peppery and vanilla-like. The cinnamon leaves smell spicy, woody and a bit metallic. A small selection of perfumes where cinnamon is one of the nuts. A sweet and woody flavour, cinnamon has a slight citrusy note, and its spicy taste is often likened to the powerful punch of cloves. Other than the texture, there’s no difference between ground cinnamon and cinnamon sticks in flavour, but it’s the way they are used which differs.
- No ratings found yet!